Monday, August 6, 2012

Interview with J.Scott Sharp!!

So he got back to me on the Interview and so, here we go!!


Q1.When did you start writing? And when did you become an author?

I don't remember not writing. I have been writing since I was very young. Although I have been writing things for that long, I never really did anything with it.Now at 46, I have lost my mind.  It's a strange time for me to begin a writing career, but I am loving it. I've always been an author.

Q2. When was your first book released?

I released my first short stories in November of 2011. I am currently working on a novel.

Q3. Do you have more books that you have written?
Yes, more short stories. I have a short story called ''Three Blackbirds'' and one called ''Cold-Blooded''. Both are available on Amazon.

Q4. When you were younger, did you like to write?

I loved to write when I was younger.The first story I remember writing was a story about a headless  biker that was lopping off people's heads. My mind has always gone in that direction.

Q5. Is there a certain thing you do before writing your books?
I always outline all of my stories. There are many authors that do not believe in outlining and I respect their process. I just believe that every writer organizes their story, and if you don't do it before you start, You'll defiantly do it later.  I prefer to know where I am going . I typically don't stick to the outline. The plot and characters will go in directions that I had not anticipated, like in '' Not Even There'', but I need to have a good direction to go in before that type of creativity starts to bubble up


Q6. How long did it take you to write a book?
First drafts typically don't take me much time. Revision and Editing are two parts of writing that are necessary,but are the parts that I cannot stand. Those two take me longer than I wish they took.It takes me a while to get me into the editing mood.

Q7.How many books have you read? And did you like to read when you were younger?
I am always reading and I have been since I was very young.I have read over a thousand books in all genres.
I have a favorite genre that I like to write in, but not a favorite genre that I like to read in. I will read anything. I have even read, Danielle Steele, and believe that ''Thurston House'' is one of her best books. That and ''The Ring'' which is in my bookcase right now.

Q8. Do you have an author, person or even place that gives you inspiration?
My wife is a huge inspiration for me.She is not a writer.She does not understand the process, but she is always encouraging me. She is always telling me that I can do it! There are other authors that are an inspiration for me. S.M. Boyce is a fantastic encourager  and a great author. I love to talk to her about writing because she has great ideas. C.J. Listro is a great blogger and has a great blog called '' Sarcasm and Lemons''. She is also a fantastic writer and reminds me so much of Joyce Carol Oates when she turns a phrase. Last but not least, Brandon Luffman. He will not let me say that I am not a  competent writer. He always calls me on it.

Q9. Do you write everyday?
Lately, I have been writing everyday, I really want to get my novel done. It has been sitting in my head long enough. Everyday I sit down, and even with my outline, I don't have a clue where I am going to start, So I just start somewhere and I am absorbed in the story again. It is a miracle everyday

Q10. How did you get your book published?
I published through the assorted e-book avenues. I started with Smash Words than I published on Amazon


Well it was great having you!! I had to re-type this or it would have been out sooner. Thanks!! It really was inspiring!!! :) Happy Reading!
- Natasha


No comments:

Post a Comment