Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Interview With Lauren-Baratz-Logsted



Well right now I have Lauren-Baratz-Logsted here with me and our little interview is starting!!! Here we go!!!


Q1.When did you start writing? And when did you become an author?

I started writing seriously, in the hopes of completing a novel, in 1994 when I left my day job of 11 years as an independent bookseller.



Q2. When was your first book released?
In 2003, The Thin Pink Line, a dark comedy for adults about a woman who fakes an entire pregnancy, was published.



Q3. Do you have more books that you have written?
My 25 book was published today. I've written for adults, teens and young children, in almost every genre imaginable.



Q4. When you were younger did you like to write?
Yes. I first got the idea that I might have some talent when, at the age of 12, a teacher fell in love with one of my stories and made my eighth grade class listen to it read three days running.



Q5. Is there a certain thing you do before writing your books?
No. I have no one process that I repeat from book to book. If the book takes place in a previous time period, like the Victorian suspense novel The Twin's Daughter, I may do some research in advance or I may do it as I go along. Sometimes I outline; sometimes I don't. Basically, each time I write a book, unless it's part of a series I'm reinventing my wheel again.



Q6. How long did it take you to write a book?
It depends on the book. Bigger novels like The Twin's Daughter took months. One book in The Sisters 8 series for young readers, approximately 120 pages long, took just four days for the first draft.



Q7.How many books have you read? And did you like to read when you were younger?
I come from a family of big readers so I've always read a lot. I couldn't begin to count how many books in my lifetime but a tpical year would be 100-250. One New Year's Eve, I resolved to read 365 books the next year and I did.



Q8.Do you have another author or person or even place who/that  gives you inspiration?
My daughter. She's always been proud of what I do for a living. She's 2 now and I hope when she's fully grown, she's still proud.



Q9. Do you write everyday?
It used to be, if I was working on a novel, I'd write every single day until it was completed. Now I'm more likely to write just Monday to Friday, but that's from 7am to 4pm each day, so I'm not a total slacker yet.



Q10. How did you get your book published?
I would actually need to write a whole book to answer that question! The short version: It took me nearly eight years, seven novels written, and several agents before I sold my debut novel on my own as part of a two-book deal. Since, as stated above, I've had 25 books published to date, I like to think the wait was worth it.


Well it was REALLY nice having you here Lauren!! Read her  book called... ''Me,In Between'' 

No comments:

Post a Comment