Monday, August 6, 2012

Interview with Rebecca Hamilton!

So I asked her and she said yes to the interview! Here we go..


Q1.When did you start writing? And when did you become an author?
I starting writing "seriously" after my third child was born, so around the age of 23/24. I'm not sure I really count as an "author" yet.

Q2. When was your first book released?
January 2012!

Q3. Do you have more books that you have written?
Yes. I have one other I have written but haven't revised, another I've written 75% of but put on hold, and I am currently working on the next book in The Forever Girl series. I also wrote a short novella, which was published in July 2012.

Q4. When you were younger did you like to write?
Absolutely! I wrote a couple short stories, but mostly I wrote poetry.

Q5. Is there a certain thing you do before writing your books?
Not especially, though for some reason showers/baths give me all kinds of writing ideas!

Q6. How long did it take you to write a book?
My first book took me 6 weeks to write and over 3 years to edit. Now I say it takes me about 6 months to write and 6-12 months to edit.

Q7.How many books have you read? And did you like to read when you were younger?
There is no way I could remember! It's a pretty big number. I've been reading since before I was old enough to remember learning how to read. I was reading before Is tarted kindergarten, and I read everything I could get my hands on (books, shampoo bottles, streets signs, you name it!). I've always loved reading.

Q8.Do you have another author or person or even place who/that  gives you inspiration?
My children inspire me every day!

Q9. Do you write everyday?
I wish! I am so busy that I often have to make time to write or it doesn't get done. I'm working on that, though.

Q10. How did you get your book published?
I published it myself through a small publishing house I founded with my partner, RP Krall. After that, I landed an agent. Who knows, maybe soon I'll be announcing some good news about an overseas publisher who has signed my book . . . .


Well thanks so much!! P.S. Your really pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment