Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Interview with John.D.Ayers!!

So I am interviewing author John.D.Ayers and here we go! Q1.When did you start writing? And when did you become an author?  I started writing when I was young, at about 14 years old.  I was a voracious reader and started writing short stories when I was a kid.    In college I wrote and published story stories and articles for magazines.   I have a life bucket list (created well before the movie came out J )…  on it was ‘write a novel’    So, about 4 years ago I decided to sit down and do it.   Wrote my first novel and enjoyed it so much I started a second one right away.   Finished that one and then slightly switched genres.    I have published a book each year for the past three years and have already started the fourth one.  It’s a wonderful hobby.   

Q2. When was your first book released?  June 2010.

Q3. Do you have more books that you have written?  I have a paranormal mystery based in Greece that is half written that I will probably go back to sometime in the future.  I have 40% of my new Darcy novel written already.

Q4. When you were younger did you like to write?   I loved to write when I was younger.   Loved to read anything I could get my hands on.  Was always at the library.

Q5. Is there a certain thing you do before writing your books?  No…I just start writing..  I have a basic idea but don’t flesh out the story in full.   Things just come to me as I’m writing.   About halfway through the book I realize how it’s going to end. 

Q6. How long did it take you to write a book?  My first two books each took a year to write.  My third novel took my 4 months.  J  Guess I’m getting better at it. J

Q7.How many books have you read? And did you like to read when you were younger?   I read about a book per week.  All authors, all genres.   Love to read..  It’s a perfect escape.    I’ve been reading constantly since I was like 12.

Q8.Do you have another author or person or even place who/that  gives you inspiration?  There are so many.   Sharon Lathan, John Grisham, and tons of others.

Q9. Do you write everyday?  No… sadly, I still have a day job..  I write for fun.. sometimes every day, and sometimes weeks go by without writing a word.

Q10. How did you get your book published?   Online at first at lulu.com.  Now I use createspace.com.   Also direct to amazon kdp and pubit for B&N.

Nice chatting with you!!! I will post your book review up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment