Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Interview with Christie Rich!

So I finally got my first interview and that was from author Christie Rich!!! Here are the Questions and Answers!!! Q1.When did you start writing? And when did you become an author?

I dabbled in writing when I was younger.  My aunt and I tried to write an historical romance based on an ancestor that started out great, but fizzled after a few chapters.  I guess that was my first “attempt”.

I actually went quite a few years without reading anything, and once I picked a book up again, I couldn’t stop.  I read everything I could get my hands on.  The more I read the more my mind focused on story and soon I had one of my very own!  I just didn’t know what to do with it.  One of my good friends had told me that she wanted to be a writer, so, of course, I tried to give her my story because I had no idea what to do with it.  She looked at me and said, “If you have a story, you need to write it.”  I took the challenge and my first book in the Elemental Enmity Series was born.

Q2. When was your first book released?
August 2011

Q3. Do you have more books that you have written?
I released Dark Matter (Elemental Enmity Book II)  December 2011, and then Genesis (Elemental Enmity Book III) July 2012.  I expect I will release Horizon, the last book in the series, in January 2013.

Q4. When you were younger did you like to write?
I actually grew up with dyslexia, so reading and writing was rather difficult for me.  I’ve been able to overcome most of the effects of dyslexia, but it sneaks up on me now and again J.

Q5. Is there a certain thing you do before writing your books?
I usually read a bit of what I have written last to refresh my memory.  I visualize the characters and remind myself what it is they want.  Then I go about making them work to get it.

Q6. How long did it take you to write a book?
That’s a hard question to answer.  Actually writing a book takes me about two to three months, but editing and revisions take about another three.

Q7.How many books have you read? And did you like to read when you were younger?
I’ve read hundreds of books now.  I loved stories when I was younger, but as I said, reading was hard for me, so I relied on my mom a lot to read to me.

Q8.Do you have another author or person or even place who/that  gives you inspiration?
Plenty of authors have inspired me.  Every time I read a J.K. Rowling book, I’m in awe.  I’ve recently discovered Julie Reece whose debut novel, Crux, was very impressive.  I just loved how I felt while reading it.

Q9. Do you write everyday?
I try.

Q10. When was your first book published?
August 2011

Thanks so much, Natasha, for having me here today!  Fun questions.  I’d love to hear from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment